MOD006936 Strategy in the Public and Private Sectors
LO1: Critically assess the key tools and techniques for managing innovation for application to actual practical situations
LO2: Systematically analyse the impact of innovation and entrepreneurship on the performance of industries
LO3: Develop innovative solutions to contemporary situations
LO4: Evaluate the nature of innovation and entrepreneurship and be able to identify the potential for innovation and entrepreneurship within an organization and/or network
WRITING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
· This assignment must be completed individually.
· You must use the Harvard referencing system.
· Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is marked, the excessive use of words beyond the word limit is reflected in the academic judgement of the piece of work which results in a lower mark being awarded for the piece of work (regulation 6.74).
· Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work; in particular, ensure that your name does not appear on your Turnitin (online) registration page.
· Write your student ID number at the top left side of every page.
· Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
· You must number all pages; the page number is to be inserted at the top right side of every page.
Task 1 (LO1, LO2, LO3): Strategic leadership
Critically analyse and evaluate strategic leadership in your case study organisation.
In completing this task, you may wish to research your organisation using a range of sources. Searching for source material may be initiated from Google, Google Scholar or EBSCOhost (accessed through ARU Library).
Task 2 (LO4): Strategic choices and strategic action
Propose and critically evaluate two or three contextually appropriate strategic choices and recommend strategic action.
While your answer to Task 1 largely focusses on the organisation’s history and its current position, your answer to Task 2 should focus on your organisation’s future. You may use any methodology to rank and recommend appropriate strategic direction from the identified choices. One approach is the SAFe framework (Johnson et al. 2014).
With regard to strategic action, it is important to appreciate that this is largely about organising and combing resources (e.g. human, material, financial, intellectual, etc.) using competencies (e.g. intellect, skills, knowledge, technology, experience, etc.) (Tidd & Bessant, 2018) Therefore, you need to outline the resources and competencies required to action the entrepreneurial opportunity; You then need to outline whether the resources are available within the organisation or are within the reach of the organisation. Finally, you need to discuss the organisation’s capability and competency to organise the resources. Source material