MOD003486 Managing Human Resources
WRITING YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
• This assignment must be completed individually.
• You must use the Harvard referencing system.
• Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must notexceed the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is marked, the excessive use of words beyond the word limit is reflected in the academic judgement of the piece of work which results in a lower mark being awarded for the piece of work (regulation 6.74).
• Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work.
• Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
• Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
The Managing Director and the Board are considering the implementation of systematic staff development across the organisation, and intend to conduct a special board meeting to discuss possible approaches to training and developing the workforce.
Your Head of HR has allocated the training and development approach listed below to present to the management board. You are required to research your allocated training and development approach and present information on the specific aspects listed.
Unfortunately, due to the measures currently being undertaken to lessen the spread of COVID-19, the Board has decided to cancel the meeting and have instead requested that you complete a 1,000-word briefing note on the topic below. Please include a Harvard compliant reference list after your briefing note (which is excluded from the wordcount).
Research And Brief The Board On The Following Aspects Of This Approach:
• A general overview of this approach, and the typical types of activity that might be included within it.
• The advantages that this approach might offer to the organisation.
• How this approach might address specific learning styles amongst employees.
• Any disadvantages or risks approach might present.
• Any budgeting considerations that should be borne in mind.
• Any internal or external factors that may impact on implementing this approach.
• Examples of how other organisations use this approach successfully.
• A brief summary of the key reasons for adopting this approach.
You are expected to demonstrate a clear, deep understanding of the training and development approach you have been tasked to research and present.