BSS010-2 Research Skills
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Assessment 2 requires you to produce a research proposal. This research proposal is a business-based research proposal aimed at addressing specific issues/questions in an organisation. You need to choose from one of the topics in the attached list.
The proposed work is as follows:
• An introduction/overview of the topic is required.
• The research question, aims and objectives need to be clearly stated
• A preliminary literature review is required that identifies the main themes and addresses the key issues.
• A methodology that is appropriate and theoretically supported needs to be outlined.
• There needs to be a research project plan using appropriate frameworks.
• Discussion of the relevance of the expected outcome results to various stakeholders.
• Limitation of the research needs to be identified.
Guidelines And Additional Information
• You need to clearly explain why your recommended approach is appropriate, and what the benefits could be obtained by doing this research to the organization.
• You are required to use a report template.
• Your report needs to be well presented and well structured.
• You need to demonstrate that you are able to communicate effectively and simply.
• Use of the Harvard referencing style for citing references is mandatory. This not only applies to the bibliography but also to in-text references. This is a major attribute of the Learning Outcome of this unit.
• Use of tables and figures is recommended.
Research Skills assessment 2 topics
You are a researcher for a large consultancy company. You work in a large and busy department conducting various types of research projects.
You have been given a research brief as outlined below. Your task is to respond it with a research proposal (pick one from the list given below to produce your research proposal).
1.Luton Market wish to find out customers views on how they can improve the quality and range of products on offer. How might you assess customers views on which products might sell at the market?
2.Luton Central Library wish to assess if the books that they currently stock are the books that local residents wish to read, or whether a different selection of books should be available. How might you find out which books might appeal to the local residents?
3.Luton Borough Council have had the idea of building a velodrome, in order to attract sporting status, and wish to find out residents views on the proposal. How might you identify the views of Luton residents?
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
Produce a research proposal which identifies a research method including some justification of its suitability and the issues that might arise
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
You will develop the skills necessary to define a research question, write a research proposal, develop instruments to conduct the research and underpin your proposed methodology with a critical literature review.