BMGT 364 Planning and the SWOT Analysis
The purpose of this project is to introduce you to the planning process and to complete a SWOT analysis to determine a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Using the information gathered to complete the SWOT, you will begin to build a Strategic Plan identifying and discussing the company’s goals and objectives.
1. Explain the primary functions of management.
2. Differentiate between the planning, organizing, leading, and controlling functions of management
3. Differentiate between the functions of top managers, middle managers, first-line managers, and team leaders.
4. Differentiate between leadership, informational, and decision-making roles.
5. explain the advantages that arise from managing people well
6. describe the contributions of Frederick W.Taylor, Frank and Lillian Gilbreth, and Henry Gantt to the field of scientific management
7. Explain the concept of scientific management.
• Summarize the work of Frederick W. Taylor.
• Summarize the work of Frank and Lillian Gilbreth.
• Summarize the work of Henry Gantt.