313MANEL Contemporary Issues on Business Management
Effective management and leadership provide stability, growth whilst maintaining quality across organisations regardless of size or tenure. Organisations that maintain stability reflect current thinking, change and trends whilst considering a global context.
Completion of this assignment will address the following learning outcomes:
1.Critically analyse contemporary issues in the field of business, management and leadership.
2.Identify and critically evaluate the impact of contemporary issues on organisations.
3.Analyse critically the impact stakeholder views have on approaches taken by organisations.
Title: Modern Day Management and Leadership
Following on from your first assignment you should use the contemporary issue identified for your report. The focus on the report should be underpinned by your understanding and in-depth application of management and leadership perspectives. Your audience should be the external stakeholders of your organisational choice. Your choice of issue to be applied should be agreed with your tutor. Your report paper should cover learning outcome 1, 2, & 3.
If you are not able to complete your coursework on time due to extenuating circumstances, the ONLY way to receive an extension (up to 5 working days) or a deferral (anything longer than 5 working days) is to contact a Registry team member located at your specific CU site.
* Extenuating circumstances are defined by CU as ‘genuine circumstances beyond your control or ability to foresee, and which seriously impair your assessed work’.
* Please note that you will need to provide third party evidence to support your reasoning for requiring an extension or deferral.
* Your course tutor is NOT able to approve an extension or a deferral, if you have not completed the official forms and had your request approved your work will count as not submitted and receive a zero mark.
Plagiarism and Malpractice
* You are encouraged to check the originality of your work by using the draft Turnitin links on your Moodle Web.
* Collusion between students (where sections of your work are similar to the work submitted by other students in this or previous module cohorts) is taken extremely seriously and will be reported to the academic conduct panel. This applies to all coursework and exam answers.
* A marked difference between your writing style, knowledge and skill level demonstrated in class discussion, any test conditions and that demonstrated in a coursework assignment may result in you having to undertake a Viva Voce in order to prove the coursework assignment is entirely your own work.
* If you make use of the services of a proof reader in your work you must keep your original version and make it available as a demonstration of your written efforts.
* You must not submit work for assessment that you have already submitted (partially or in full), either for your current course or for another qualification of this university, unless this is specifically provided for in your assignment brief or specific course or module information.
Where earlier work by you is citable, ie. it has already been published/submitted, you must reference it clearly. Identical pieces of work submitted concurrently will also be considered to be self-plagiarism.
There should be a title page which clearly identifies the following;
* Name of the module
* Title of the Assessment
* Assessment number
* Word count
The word count identified includes quotations, but excludes the bibliography and unless specifically stated, encompasses a discrepancy of + or – 10%.
Makes exceptional use of a range of relevant techniques of interpretation, application and/or analysis, where relevant to the module learning outcomes. Demonstrates an exceptional theoretical understanding, where relevant, with appropriately selected theoretical knowledge integrated into the overall assignment tasks and all learning outcomes.
Exceptional exploration of wider academic sources with a high degree of independent learning which exceeds the assignment brief. Sources have been accurately interpreted and integrated with flawless synthesis and evaluation leading to innovative and interesting ideas.
Makes outstanding use of a range of relevant techniques of interpretation, application and/or analysis, where relevant to the module learning outcomes. Shows a well-developed ability to compare alternative theories and apply them within the context of the assignment task and all learning outcomes, where relevant.
Outstanding exploration of wider academic sources with a high degree of independent learning which exceeds the assignment brief. Sources have been accurately interpreted and integrated with a high degree of analysis and application, leading to innovative and interesting ideas.